Armand is seeking a QA/QC Manager for a Disaster Recovery Construction Management Program in the U.S. Virgin Islands. : The primary purpose of QA/QC Lead (QA/QC) is to supervise and regulate all aspects of quality control for preconstruction and construction activities, including program compliance, damage assessment revisions, problem resolution, and report preparation and presentations.
Relocation Assistance Available
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Construction Manager in the successful development of program policies and procedures for the housing rehabilitation and reconstruction program.
- Review the damage inspections and prepare detailed scopes of work and cost estimates for each project.
- Assist contractor with coordinating inspections, payments, and change order approvals, including to generate work scopes based off the field verification of remaining storm related damages.
- Review contractors’ requests and generate change orders for construction projects using Xactimate estimating software; negotiate scope and pricing for all requested contractor-submitted change orders; review with contractors any field notes and change order requests.
- Ensure continual quality assurance/quality control.
- Track and report performance metrics to ensure compliance with the contract.
- Conduct periodic visits to project sites to determine and record progress, quality, and schedule adherence.
- Confirm scope of work issued in the estimate is performed in the field, and to a satisfactory quality.
- Provide daily and periodic communication/reports, to include homeowner construction files, inspection reports, to client and Case Manager program staff.
- Secure documentation of construction activity to allow an audit trail of all applicants through final inspection and closeout. Maintain adherence to all program guidelines set forth by the client and HUD.
- Monitor for fraud, waste, and abuse of the Program.
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are documented and current.
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff, clientele, and applicants.
- Respond to all applicant and client communication within 24 hours.
- Efficiently/effectively document work via the use of computer and software technology.
- Travel to applicant homes as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience working in the following areas in a management role: construction/project management; disaster recovery program management; Social Services Block Grant (SSBG), HUD, CDBG, CDBG-DR, and/or FEMA programs.
- Must have advanced XACTIMATE 28 experience and be computer literate.
- Working knowledge of high-level compliance, contractual obligations, and invoicing pertaining to government projects is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and online databases.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly and seamlessly pivot between different tasks and simultaneous projects.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to work independently as well.
- Creative problem-solver with ability to come up with outside of the box.
- Ability to travel to/from assisted properties and households, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken); bilingual Spanish and/or Creole is a major plus!
Armand Corporation is an award-winning construction and program management firm that has managed public projects and disaster recovery programs for over 29 years. We provide a full benefit plan including health insurance, personal time off, and paid holidays. We are an equal opportunity employer. We E-Verify.